Thursday, February 22, 2007

Happy Birthday George Washington! (And Me!)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Today marks the birthday of our Nation's Father, as well as my own. I have noticed a number of startling similarities between my life and the first President's, the following is a list of some of the more compelling.

  • We were both born in Virginia.
  • George lived in Mt. Vernon, I currently live in the Mt. Vernon neighborhood of Baltimore.
  • We are both rumored to have wooden body parts. (For the sake of modesty, I will not reveal mine.)
  • George successfully lead a sneak attack on the British by crossing the Delaware River in the dead of night. I once tricked a British foreign exchange student chick into making out with me by feigning despair because my brother drowned in a river on the anniversary of that particular day.
  • George was an active member of the Freemasons. I once read an article about the Freemasons on Wikipedia.
  • We both look particularly striking in red.
  • George commanded troops to quell the "Whiskey Revolution." After a few shots of whiskey, I command the high score on "Dance Dance Revolution."
  • We can both tell the difference between Coke and Pepsi. At least, I'm pretty sure that George could have if Coke and Pepsi were around back then.
  • George was a meat and potatoes man. I like potatoes ok, but yeah, the meat is where its at.
  • George named his favorite horse "Spirit." I've been thinking about getting a cat and naming it "Robocop."
  • George's legacy is still lauded more than 200 years after his death. 200 years after my death, I believe that people will still remember "the guy who pissed off the Xrgonk race of the Ursa Minor system and sparked a devastating galactic war."

There are many, many, other similarities between myself and George Washington. While I in no way claim to be in the same league of greatness as he, I try to live my life under the philosophy "What would George do?" I even have "WWGD" tattooed on my knee, in case I lose my way.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter
Proflowers