Friday, July 27, 2007

Movie Review - Skin Walkers

by Ester Jenkins-Mulrooney-Smith

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


After seeing all the commercials on the television for this movie I was about to review, I worried that it was going to be nothing but blood and guts and naughty language. Imagine my surprise when I took my usual seat in the front row of the local movie house and was treated to a wonderful story about understanding and accepting your fellow man.

Skin Walkers is a story about a group of fun-loving colored fellows who try to join an elite country club to play a little golf and relax. Unfortunately, the snobby white owner of the country club immediately figures the boys for riff-raff and refuses to let them join. A plucky young assistant to the mean old owner finds an overlooked rule in the country club charter that allows for anyone who was denied membership to appeal the denial by winning 18 holes of golf. Despite the owner's protests, a tournament is underway in no time.

Although they aren't the best golfers in town, the group of playful friends manage to stay competitive through the use of wacky hijinks and good clean fun. It all comes down to the last hole, and I won't spoil the ending for you, but let's just say that the club might just be getting a new hip-hop attitude in the near future.

I highly recommend this film to anyone who loves to laugh, no matter what the age. There was one particular flatulence joke that I found to be in somewhat bad taste, but my grandson Jodie found it to be absolutely hysterical.

Be sure not to miss Skin Walkers at a theater near you. It might just teach you a thing or two about not judging your fellow man by the color of his skin, or the size of his pants.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger P.coughlan said...

where you looking at the movie 'skin walkers'? if so your review is a bit out!! this film was shoot them up and blood n guts

7:41 AM  
Blogger B said...

Blood and guts? My word, young man! I don't know what baggage you brought into the film, but these wise eyes saw nothing but wholesome family fun! I suggest you speak to your pastor before the devil takes you heart and soul!

11:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarcasm is a dying art, my friend.

1:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter
Proflowers