Tuesday, April 03, 2007

More of when I was a kid...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I pretended that I was being abducted during long car trips with my parents, just to pass the time.

I had a tiny black and white tv that allowed me to watch Silver Hawks in bed under the covers when I was grounded.

I stole all of this kid's plastic dinosaurs because I thought they were cool. Then, when his parents knocked on my door demanding that I return them, I lied and said that I had hidden them all around their house as part of a scavenger hunt. They called me out on it so I smuggled them all back and pretended to find them in various places on their property. I'm pretty sure they weren't fooled.

I drank a whole bunch of apple juice at a party in school and threw up in class. I have never touched the stuff again.

I saw "Johnny Appleseed" and "Darby O'Gill and the Little People" like 10 times each because for some reason, they showed them to us every other week in nursery school.

I bought the record "Night Moves" by the 80's hair metal band Cinderella just so I could laugh when I told people I bought a Cinderella album and they reacted in a confused manner.

I also had a "Little Black Sambo" storybook record. Apparently it was not yet outrageously inappropriate back then.

I threw a letter in the dumpster from my teacher informing my mother that I was cursing in class. Hours later, the mother of a girl that I was walking home with brought the letter to our door claiming that she found it in the girl's backpack. Unbeknownst to me, the teacher had actually called earlier in the day and my mother didn't think it was all that big a deal since I got punished at school. When she found out about the letter I was in a world of trouble.

I shot a goose with a slingshot and then ran like hell when it chased after me hissing. I never knew geese could hiss.

I was the only one who would try the fried mealworms that the nerdy kid in our class brought in for his science project.

I asked my stepfather what "sike" meant after hearing some older kids using it at school. He told me it was a nut, as in a "psych" patient, but I thought he literally meant a nut. Needless to say, I was confused for a while.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter
Proflowers